Home » Uncategorized (Page 2)
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The 5th Annual St. LauRUNtius 5K was a big success, despite the rain! On April 23rd, our students, families, friends, and neighbors came together to enjoy the event which has become a new Fishtown tradition. This was a very competitive race this year. To see the full results, please visit our website fishtown5k.org. Our annual block party kicked off as soon as the runners crossed the finish line. We did not let the rain dampen the festivities! Almost everyone stayed to enjoy the beer donated by Yards Brewing Company and delicious Polish food from Mom Mom’s Polish food truck.
We are especially proud of our student running club, who worked hard to train for the race. Congrats to all our student runners!
Spirit Newspapers did a fantastic job covering the event.
A big thank you to all our sponsors, to the Fishtown Beer Runners for making our race go as smoothly as possible, and to all the runners and friends who came out to share this fun day with us.
Congratulations to the winners of our Disney World Raffle drawing!!
Grand Prize Winner (5 night stay at Disney World or $5000 cash):
Vicki Sexton – ticket sold by Andrew Plant
2nd Prize Winner ($500 cash)
Walt Pommer – ticket sold by Tomczak Family
St. Laurentius School Family Winner (Trip to Disney World or $3000 tuition credit)
Michael Sigall, PK 4
Top Sellers – these families earned a $250 tuition credit
Michael Sigall – 55 tickets
Brian and Meadow Sedowsky – 53 tickets
Joanthan Kress – 52 tickets
Daryl Malcolm – 42 tickets
Jeff and Mary Tomczak – 40 tickets
Thank you to everyone who supported this fundraiser and made it a huge success!
Registration is now open for the 5th annual St. LauRUNtius 5K!
Please join us for the 5th annual race benefiting St. Laurentius School, Philadelphia’s oldest Catholic school. If you haven’t participated in the race before, this is a good year to join a new neighborhood tradition — the only 5K located right in our neighborhood! All proceeds directly benefit St. Laurentius School.
This is a neighborhood run through the streets of Fishtown. We invite everyone for an afternoon of fun in the heart of our neighborhood. All proceeds directly benefit St. Laurentius School. If you’re not a runner, don’t worry! There is a one-mile fun walk so you can still participate.
The race and walk conclude at the annual block party. Come out and enjoy the food trucks, beer tent, fun activities for kids, and more!
For the latest updated information on the race, please visit and like our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/fishtown5k
5K Adults: (18 & Over)
$25 per person if registered by 3/18
$30 per person thru 4/20
$35 Race Day
5K Students (17 & Under):
$20 per person if registered by 3/18
$25 per person thru 4/20
$30 Race Day
$10 per person if registered by 3/18
$15 per person thru Race Day
$10 per person.
Electronic Timing by Second Wind Race Timing features streaming results on a 40″ screen and kiosks to print your results instantly.
Saint Laurentius School opened its doors in 1890. We continue to celebrate 125 years of continuing this caring and strong educational model within the proven tradition and successful framework of Catholic Schools.
The Annual Saint Laurentius School Catholic Schools Week Open House and Celebration will be held on Saturday, January 30th. ALL current and prospective families are welcome. We invite the community to come out and join us! Tour our school located at 1612 E. Berks Street, celebrate Mass with Holy Name parish, and then join us for a real, Italian homemade Spaghetti Dinner starting at 5:30pm.
2 pm – 4:15pm Saint Laurentius School Open House and tours. You will have a chance to meet with various teachers and see some fantastic student work. Teachers will take the time to update you on what their class is learning and to answer questions.
4:30 Catholic Schools Week Opening Mass at Holy Name Church
5:30 – 8pm Saint Laurentius School Spaghetti Dinner at Holy Name parish hall; for $10/ adult (children are FREE), you can enjoy a homemade dinner, salad, bread, BYOB and dancing
Upcoming St. Laurentius School Development Events
January 30 Open House and Opening Mass
February 19th Designer Bag Bingo
Stay tuned to a SLS Skate Night!
April 23rd The Saint LauRUNtius 5K and Block Party
St. Laurentius School has received a $500.00 ExxonMobil Educational Alliance Grant! We were nominated by our local Exxon Station at York and Aramingo Avenues. This grant is made possible by CrossAmerica Partners and ExxonMobil and will be used to strengthen our Math/Science Programs through professional development for our teachers and more ancillary materials.
Please join us for designer handbag bingo on Friday, Feb 19th! $30 for 10 games plus chances to win door prizes. Event is BYO (bring your own beer or wine and snacks).
Tickets: $30. All proceeds benefit St. Laurentius School.
Event held at Holy Name of Jesus Church Hall, 701 E Gaul St.
Doors open at 6:00pm, first game starts at 7:00pm
Tickets will be available at the door, or you can buy in advance from the school or an SLS family.
RAFFLE RULES & PRIZE DESCRIPTION
- Tickets are $20. A maximum of 2000 will be sold.
- Drawing will be after 11am Mass on Palm Sunday (3/20/2016) at Holy Name of Jesus Church, 701 Gaul Street Phila, PA 19125
- The Grand Prize Winner will receive a trip to Disney World arranged through a travel agency including 7 days and 6 nights including air fare, passes to Disney Orlando Parks for 6 days, transfers to and from airport and hotel for two adults and up to four children. Meal Plans are not included. Travel must be completed in 2016.
- Grand Prize Winner can opt for cash payout of $5000.
- 2nd Prize Winner will receive $500 cash.
- Winners do not need to be present at drawing. They will be contacted after the drawing to make arrangements.
- Each ticket is worth one chance at the Grand and 2nd Prizes.
School Ticket Sales Incentive
SLS Family Going to Disney World
- Each St. Laurentius School Family will be given 5 tickets in December to sell. This is the minimum level of participation we need to have a successful fundraiser. All proceeds go directly to St. Laurentius School Budget items to erase any deficit. After this year, the raffle will be a mandatory fundraiser for the school. This year it is voluntary.
- Each family that sells 10 tickets will receive an entry in a drawing for a 5 day 4 night trip to Disney World that includes airfare, hotel and park tickets for up to 4 people. Travel must be in 2016 & cannot be completed during Holidays or other peak times at Disney World. Students from all families that sell 10 tickets will receive a dress down day, homework pass and in-school pizza party.
- The Drawing for the Family Trip to Disney World will be right after the Chance Drawing at Palm Sunday Mass. So, one family from SLS will be guaranteed a trip to Disney World. The winning family does not need to be present at the drawing to receive the prize.
- Winning family may opt for a tuition credit of $3000.
- Families receive an entry for every 10 tickets that they sell. Entries are unlimited. For example, a family that sells 50 tickets will receive 5 entries in the drawing.
- Families that sell more than 40 tickets will receive a $250 tuition credit.
- If we sell all tickets in this raffle, the school will profit approximately $30,000. These funds help us enhance SLS educational programs.
- Taxes are the responsibility of the winners.
Sr. Helen Gwiazda and Saint Laurentius School entered students’ artwork an Archdiocesan-wide Advent and Christmas contest in December 2014 with the Philadelphia Pontifical Missionary Childhood Association. One of our very own fifth graders, Julia Thomson, was recognized as one of four Archdiocesan winners! Julia’s artwork was recognized with the other Archdiocesan Winners and the National Winners on October 18th at Our Lady of Help of Christians in Abington. Her art will be on display at the Archdiocesan Pastoral Center in Philadelphia during Advent. Congrats, Julia!
This month our CLI Unit will focus on People, Places, and Pets. We will review the letters we have already focused on ( B,M,F,D) and add some new ones(S,P,V,T). Our Thanksgiving Feast will focus on the story of Stone Soup with everyone bringing in a different ingredient we will cook and enjoy in class.
11/5 Linvilla Orchard Trip
11/12 Noon Dismissal
11/17 School Pictures
11/25 Noon Dismissal
11/26 Thanksgiving Break
Have a Wonderful Holiday!