Miss Christine Cleary – 3rd Grade
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to 3rd Grade! This is a very special year for your child and family. Together, we will prepare your child to receive the Sacrament of Eucharist which will be celebrated on Sunday, May 7, 2017 at the 11:00 Mass.
Our Back to School Night is on Tuesday, September 27, 2016. I’m looking forward to meeting you all. Below are a few details that I would like to bring your attention. Please read each carefully.
Please do not cover the text books (Hard back books) with book socks or clear contact paper. Our text books are large and the socks just do not make a good fit. Please use brown shopping bags or paper of some sort. We have 3 text books to be covered.
- Soft books should be covered with clear contact paper. This includes copybooks, the homework assignment pad and workbooks. All books should be covered by Monday, September 26, 2016
- Each child needs to bring in their own lite healthy snack. When preparing your child’s snack please remember our recess break is only about 10 minutes.
- We have 22 Terrific Third Graders in our class. Birthdays are celebrated. If you wish, your child may bring taffies, munchkins, or cupcakes on his/her birthday. Please only send in 22.
- If your child is sick and you decide to keep him/her home, please call school to report your child’s absence. Then send an absent note in the next day. They are attached to this letter.
- Homework is assigned to reinforce the lessons taught during the school day. Study homework is HOMEWORK.
- Math Summer Project is due on Thursday, September 8th.
- Reading Summer Project is due on Friday, September 9th. The vocabulary cards will be checked and returned to you by Monday, September 12th in order to review for the test.
- The reading test is on Wednesday, September 15, 2016.
I am looking forward to a wonderful year. Thank you in advance for your support and cooperation.
Miss Cleary CCleary@stlaurentius.org