Last pretzel day is Friday, June 9th
Serving Jesus sheets due
Grade 2 End of Year Testing 2017
Schedule: Monday, June 5 Religion, Reading + Dibels, Math (Basic Addition and Subtraction with words problems)
Tuesday, June 6 Math (Hundreds, Tens and Ones, Addition and Subtraction with and without regrouping)
Wednesday, June 7 Math (Time, Money, Measurement), Reading+ Dibels
Thursday, June 8 ILA (Grammar), Spelling, Dibels
Friday, June 9 Word of the Week, Dibels
Religion topics were sent home last week.
Math topics are listed above.
Reading– Study all High Frequency words and Vocabulary words in s-cb.
These are sight words. Know how to read them and know what they mean.
ILA(Grammar)– Four types of sentences and correct punctuation
Complete sentences, subjects and predicates
Homonyms, synonyms, antonyms,
Nouns, proper/Verbs, action and being
Parts of a letter
Proof Reading Marks/The Five Steps to Good Writing
Spelling-gray, soap, classroom, stain, float, grabbed, beach, batted, sneeze, weave, throw, running, train, hopping, please
teeth, someone, grow, missed, pail, know, meaning, coach, paint, wheel, loaf, pinned, playground, cannot, clapped, wait, flow
September 7, 2016
Welcome to second grade! I would like to introduce myself. My name is Mrs. Dolores Griffith. I am very excited to have your child in my class this year.
Second grade is a large responsibility, not only for me as a teacher but also for your child. With your cooperation, the transition into the new year will go smoothly.
Please read the details below so we can work together to make this a successful and enjoyable year for your child.
1. The student will write his/her homework in the Student Homework Book. I publish homework on stlaurentius.org. All written homework should be completed in the H copybook unless otherwise stated. The H-folder should be returned daily. There will be a folder marked SH. This folder is to be used for all worksheets that have been completed as homework or seatwork. These sheets would be advantageous to save for the final testing at the end of second grade. Please find a safe designated spot at home for this folder.
2. Test folders and behavioral calendars will be sent home on Wednesdays. Please sign and return on Thursdays. Second graders receive demerits and serve detention. I will give further explanation of the behavior policy at Back to School night.
3. Birthdays are celebrated! If you wish, your child may bring in cupcakes, munchkins or fruit to class. We have twenty-six students in our class this year.
4. All soft workbooks, copybooks and folders are to be covered in clear contact paper. All textbooks (Journeys and dictionary) must be covered in brown paper only. I will stagger small and large books to go home so schoolbags are not too heavy. Book socks are acceptable.
5. For Friday, September 9, please have your child bring in pictures, magazine and newspaper clippings that describe their likes, hobbies and activities for a class project.
6. Just a reminder that the summer math and reading assignments are due by Friday, September 9th.
7. In 2nd grade the 100 Book Challenge is now called the Home Reading Program. We record minutes read not the number of books. Your child may start the program as soon as the $3.00 is received.
Please respond to the remind.com sheet so you may receive announcements and updates from me.
I do ask the parents/guardians to please call the school office or send in a note if you would like to have a conference with me. If you have any questions do not hesitate to call.
Thank you for your cooperation. I am looking forward to meeting you at the Back to School Night. Together we can make your second grader put their best foot forward.
Mrs. Dolores Griffith